Thursday, January 1, 2009

Anjie & Wayne

I had a lot of great weddings in 2008. As I sit back and reflect on last year, a few of my great customers/friends come to mind.

Anjie & Wayne are a great couple. They got married in August of 2008 in Harrisburg, PA.

I can't say enough about their day. Everything seemed to cooperate with them. When something seemed to go wrong, the solution ended up improving their plans. The weather threatened and it actually rained heavily during the ceremony (which was planned to be indoors). However, when the ceremony ended and everyone went outside to watch the dove release, there was no sign of rain. In fact, you couldn't even tell that it had poured earlier.

After the ceremony, dove release and formal portraits, we all went to Italian Lake Park for some additional portraits with the entire bridal party. There is nothing better than having a cooperative group of people who care about the bride and groom. They did everything that I asked without complaint and we ended up taking some great photos. I was truly impressed when I asked them all to take a Jump for Joy. I was certain that the picture would be phenomenal, if I could time it just right.

That was our last shot with the full bridal party. Everyone except the bride and groom went to the reception. Anjie, Wayne and I went to the state capital to take more pictures. At times like this, I just let the couple set the pace and Anjie and Wayne didn't disappoint. We had the capital plaza to ourselves and I placed the couple in front of the fountain and let them do their own thing. They enjoyed themselves, I had fun and the limo driver relaxed and watched things unfold.



The rest of the evening was wonderful. We arrived at the reception ready to party. The guests were seated, the bridal party entered and Anjie & Wayne had their first dance together as a married couple. There were several heart-warming toasts along with the groom sharing the story of how he and Anjilla arrived at this day. Guests ate, danced and enjoyed cake. Anjie & Wayne laughed, cried tears of joy and partied until the very end. Fun was had by all (even me).





No comments: